Wine, gastronomy and local traditions
7 nights/8 days groups from 4 to 20 persons
- Day 1 – arrival at Florence or Pisa Airport and hotel accommodation at the Hotel Settentrionale Esplanade in Montecatini Terme
Special welcome dinner in the hotel restaurant with seasonal dishes including a briefing on local products and traditional recipes.
- Day 2-Cooking lesson in a local farmhouse. Great dishes start from a selection of great ingredients. We start this morning with a visit to the local market where, under the supervision of the host chef, Mrs Teresa, clients will be guided to buying the ingredients which will be used during the cooking lesson of today’s program. Different workgroups will be assembling the dishes as they prepare our typical meal together. Tonight dinner will be based on today’s work and after dinner the chef will give a prize to the best team!
- Day 3- Lucca, its palaces and culinary traditions: early morning departure for Lucca for a cultural visit of the town, including Palazzo Mansi and a walking tour of the center with an itinerant brunch discovering local products. Afternoon visit of Palazzo Pfanner and cooking lesson at the restaurant Port Ellen Clan, with Leonardo’s particular dishes. Early dinner and return in Montecatini Terme for overnight.
- Day 4- Vinci – Early morning dedicated to visiting a bakery laboratory near Vinci. Clients will have a lesson concerning the production of different kinds of breads. Visit at Leonardo’s Museum in Vinci afterwards. Taste of wines, cheese cold cuts and olive oils of this part of Chianti called “Chianti Montalbano”. Later, in the afternoon, visit to a chocolate factory and chocolate tasting. Dinner in Montecatini Terme
- Day 5- Bolgheri – Discovery the flavours foods and wines of the Bolgheri Doc area! Today we discover one of the most famous wine producing areas in the world together with the local productions and farms. After a visit of the pretty village of Bolgheri, we stop at a local farm and enjoy lunch with a selection of regional dishes based on a different traditional recipes. Our afternoon is dedicated to visiting a local cellar in Castagneto Carducci and to a walk to discover the mediaeval village.
- Day 6 – The Chianti & its wines – Today we discover the Chianti, its productions, its castles as well as its marvellous panoramas. We start with a morning visit to a butcher’s shop in the pretty village of Greve and have a tasting of cold cuts for burch before transferring to a nearby XII century castle. Upon our arrival we have a short introduction to the historic property by our host and start the cookery course to learn how to make pasta and become a real Pasta Master.
Dinner will be based on the results of your cooking as well as accompanied by a selection of local products pre-arranged by our chef. Wines will be directly from the Castle’s cellars.We return to Montecatini Terme for the overnight.
- Day 7 – Early morning visit of Pistoia and its historical center where we will experience an itinerant tasting of local specialties for lunch as we explore the city. Out last afternoon is dedicated to a final cooking class under the attentive supervision of the hotel chef which today will concentrate on cakes and various desserts. Farewell dinner in the hotel restaurant as we say arrivederci to Italy
- Day 8 – Breakfast in the hotel and transfer to the airport